Join Dianne at Embiggen Books thanks to Laneway Learning to find out about the food waste problem and what you can do to help fix it!
In Australia alone, each household wastes enough food each week that you may as well place one of your five grocery bags in the bin before you even get home from shopping. Households contribute 4.5 million tonnes of food waste to landfill every year in Australia. 4.5 million tonnes of wasted money, resources, energy and not to mention the huge environmental impacts!
In the class we will:
- Learn about the shocking size of food waste both globally and here in Australia, especially when we consider the number of people who go hungry;
- Understand the social, environmental and financial problem of food waste;
- Bust some myths surrounding what is actually considered food waste when it’s still perfectly edible;
- Identify how food waste is generated; and
- Learn tips and tricks to reduce food waste and measure your own food waste.